PanPastel is the world’s first range of pastel colours that can be mixed and applied like paint for a complete painting palette . Containing professional artists’ quality soft pastel colours in a unique pan format (cake-like).
Each colour is loaded with the finest quality artists’ pigments for the most concentrated colours possible.
Can I mix PanPastel Colours together?
Uniquely, for pastel colour, PanPastel Colours can be mixed like paint for a complete painting palette. The PanPastel Colour range offers a selection of pre-mixed colours as tints, shades & extra darks.
What do Artists love about Pan Pastels?
- Artists love the mixability, the transparent layers that can be built up, and the way the colours “flow”. They also love the fact that the colours are very forgiving, as they can be easily erased.
- Artists love the cleaner low dust aspect of the colours.
- How easy they are to organize and store, reducing breakage and cross-contamination between colours.
- Ready for use straight from the pan, no solvents, no mediums, no liquids or anything else needed to start painting. Essentially this means there is no drying time.
- Non-pastel painters are tell us that they are enjoying the pastel medium for the first time, and that they are experiencing a new creative freedom as a result.
How do you apply PanPastel?
Sofft Tools are uniquely developed for PanPastel Colours.
Made from a dense micropore sponge – durable enough to stand up to rigorous studio use and handle artist’s pigments. Importantly they can be washed and re-used. Years of research and testing makes a sponge material that offers optimum results.
Available in different sizes Sofft Tools are designed to be similar to brush shapes. Ideal for the marks artists need to make, from small painterly marks to large washes of colour.
Sofft Tools also work really well with lots of other water-based media – acrylics, watercolours, inks etc. They create different effects to brushes as they “push” the colour into the substrate. They are non-abrasive, and don’t leave a brush stroke.
Are they non-toxic? Safe around kids and animals?
All the colours have been independently tested to ASTM D-4236 standards, and are certified with the ACMI AP Non-Toxic seal. They have also been tested and certified as lead-free.