Zest It 320gram Cold Wax Painting Medium
Zest-it Cold Wax Painting Medium gives body and substance to materials. It can be mixed with oil paint, pigment, powdered metals, marble and other fine art materials to increase the workability and speed drying time. Zest-it Cold Wax Painting Medium does not contain any CFCs and is classed as biodegradable, meaning it is not harmful to the environment. Unlike encaustic wax, cold wax does not need or require heat to be used.
- The Cold Wax Painting Medium is a mixture that includes Beeswax, Linseed Oil and Damar, it is smooth, thick and firm. When mixed with Oil paint the wax/oil mixture dries faster then just Oil paint.
- Damar increases the melting point of Beeswax and strengthens it; the Beeswax protects the Damar from oxidisation and gives flexibility, quite a synergistic relationship.
- It is non-flammable, non-toxic and biodegradable. Best applied to a slightly absorbent surface.
- It is easy to use and can be mixed with oil paint, pigments, marble, mediums, powdered metals, glass beads and other art materials.
- Can be used on a rigid or flexible surface, works very well with painting knives and large brushes.
- It was designed for use ‘cold’ therefore does not need heat. For reliable adhesion it is best not to mix with any water based product.